RETURNING TO SCHOOL
In developing our plan to return to school, we have studied the health recommendations for schools, reviewed the plans of schools similar to LLS, sought the input of our host churches, considered your feedback, established an LLS Health Director, and—most importantly—we have called upon the Lord for wisdom. We know that this year will involve inconveniences for us all, but they are small in comparison to the benefits of our students returning to school in person.
To help us implement the plan below, we are pleased to have Dr. Debra Nickell joining our staff. Dr. Nickell is a Physician Assistant and earned her Ph.D. in Health Communication and an M.B.A. in Health Services Management. Dr. Nickell will be a great help to us so that the teachers and administration may focus on their primary task of educating our students.
We hope and pray that these inconveniences will be temporary and that the need will recede as the year progresses, in which case we will revise and update as we go along. This will be a year for flexibility all around! No human plan is perfect, but we seek your consideration of the one below in light of a mutual desire for our halls to be filled again with the joy of students and teachers, and for our classrooms to be filled with the nurture of our children—mind, body, and soul.
Foundations for our decision-making
1. We will first and foremost submit to Biblical authority and wisdom.
2. We will pursue the mission of school.
3. We will consider recommendations from reputable sources—for example, the CDC (Centers for Disease Control), AAP (American Academy of Pediatrics), WHO (World Health Organization), KDE (Kentucky Department of Education).
4. We will not use media sources or anecdotal evidence as the basis for decisions.
5. Unique Consideration for LLS:
1. SCHOOL OPENING
3. ARRIVAL & DISMISSAL
6. PARTICULAR CLASSES
7. RESTROOM BREAKS
8. HYGIENE & SANITIZATION
9. ONLINE ACCESS TO CLASSROOMS
10. SCHOOL / CLASSROOM CLOSURE
When Should My Child Stay Home?
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
This section will expand over time! Please send your questions to Dr. Nickell: firstname.lastname@example.org
Will my child be required to wear a mask all day?
My child has been diagnosed with Covid-19. When can he (she) return to school?
What does “close contact” mean?
What about travel?